Get answers to common SENDedu questions by clicking a FAQ category.
If your question isn't answered here, please contact us at 1-855-SEND-EDU or email@example.com.
Sorry, no questions were found with the search term(s) provided. Please try again or contact us at 1-855-SEND-EDU or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is SENDedu?
SENDedu is a free, online document transfer service available to high school representatives and applicant references for sending supporting documents to more than 150 partnering colleges and universities. This service provides a secure, organized space for users to manage and track the submission of documents.
SENDedu is an additional option for submitting completion documents electronically. To allow users to make the best case for students, SENDedu collects all required documents, such as transcripts, and up to ten additional documents.
- Is the SENDedu site secure?
Yes, SENDedu is a secure site. SENDedu uses industry-standard encryption (SSL).
- Is there a fee associated with using SENDedu?
No, SENDedu is a free service provided by partnering colleges and universities for references and high school representatives.
- When can I use SENDedu?
When students apply to one of our partnering colleges or universities, they will be provided with information about how to complete their applications and will be given directions on how to coordinate with their counselor and any needed references.
Counselors and references may be notified about a student's application to a partnering institution in one of two ways: (1) through an email or (2) through an Official Document Request, which is included in the student's completion package. A student's application file can be added to a user's account by clicking on the link in the email or by typing in the PIN located on the Official Document Request.
- How can SENDedu ensure the authenticity of accounts?
SENDedu follows up with the high school regarding each account created to confirm that the account was initiated by a valid representative of the high school.
- Am I required to use SENDedu to complete a student's application file?
SENDedu is an optional service, and high school representatives and applicant references are encouraged to use their preferred method of transferring documents. The mailing address and fax number are provided on the Official Document Request as well as within the email invitation.
- As a high school representative, how do I create a SENDedu account?
Go to sendedu.org/create. While you're providing all required information, answer "Yes" to the question "Do you work at a secondary school?"
- As a reference for an applicant, how do I create a SENDedu account?
Go to sendedu.org/create. While providing all required information, answer "No" to the question "Do you work at a secondary school?"
- Why can't I log in to the account that I just created?
You must confirm your account before you can log in. To confirm your account, click the link in the confirmation email sent from email@example.com after creating your account.
- How long does it take to receive the confirmation email?
The confirmation email is sent automatically moments after you create an account with SENDedu.
- What should I do if I do not receive my confirmation email?
Take the following steps:
- Check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Ask a member of your IT department to locate the email on your school's server.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved contacts list.
If you still do not receive the email, please contact the SENDedu support team at 1-855-SENDedu or email@example.com.
- When logging in for the first time this year, why am I prompted to confirm my account information?
To ensure that we have the most up-to-date information associated with all accounts, each school year all users will be prompted to confirm the accuracy of their contact information.
Users with secondary school SENDedu accounts will be able to update their school information and school profile document quickly and conveniently during the first login of the new year. These documents also can be updated at any time in Account Preferences.
- Upon logging in for the first time to my new SENDedu account, why am I asked to complete information about my school?
SENDedu provides high school representatives with the opportunity to enter their high school information one time up front so that it will prefill into SENDedu Secondary School Reports for each student's application file. This information can be updated at any time in Account Preferences.
- As a reference, is there additional information that I need to complete upon logging in to SENDedu for the first time?
No. To use the account as a reference, no supplemental information is required. Simply provide the information requested during the creation of the account.
- How do I add a student's application file to my account?
To add a student's application file to your account, click the Add Request button on the Manage My Requests page and type in the nine-digit PIN that was provided on the student's Official Document Request or recommendation form.
- Why do some student application files automatically appear in my SENDedu account and yet I need to manually add others?
A student's application file can be added to a user's account in two ways. When a student provides your email address in the application, the student's application file will be added to your SENDedu account when you click on the link in the notification email. If the student does not provide your email address in the application, you will instead receive a paper Official Document Request with the student's SENDedu PIN for that application.
- Why did I receive an email notification from SENDedu about a student's application file if the application is not showing in my account?
A student's application file will be automatically added to the SENDedu account associated with the email address that the student provided in the application. If the email address that the student provided is different from the one associated with your SENDedu account, the student's application file should be added by entering the SENDedu PIN.
- How do I forward a student's application file to someone else?
To add a student's application file to another user's account, pass along the Official Document Request, or forward the student's file via your SENDedu account by clicking the gray Forward icon in the Actions column on the Manage My Requests page.
- Will forwarding a student's application file remove the file from my account?
No, forwarding an application for a student to another representative will not remove the file from your account.
- What if I am not the only person involved in submitting documents for a student's application file?
A student's application file can be shared by multiple SENDedu accounts. Any valid high school representative can create an account with SENDedu to submit a student's completion documents.
- When am I able to forward a student's application file?
Students' application files can be forwarded at any time.
- How do I remove a student's application file from my account?
To remove a student's application file from your account, click the red Remove icon in the Actions column on the Manage My Requests page.
- I accidentally removed a student's application file from my account. Can I retrieve the file?
Yes, you can add a removed application file by entering the student's SENDedu PIN.
- When am I able to remove a student's application file?
A student's application file can be removed at any time as long as you have not personally uploaded a document.
- How do I access my account information?
Account information can be found in your Account Preferences. When logged in to your account, click on the My Account Preferences link in the top right corner of your screen.
- Where do I update my SENDedu account information?
Your account information can be changed in the Personal Information section of your Account Preferences.
- Can I update my school's information and school profile document?
Yes, you can edit your school information and school profile document in the School Information & Profile section of your Account Preferences.
- Can I change the frequency of emails that I receive from SENDedu?
Your email preferences can be changed in the Email Notifications section of your Account Preferences.
- Where do I change my SENDedu account Password?
Your Password can be changed in the Password section of your Account Preferences.
- How do I delete my SENDedu account?
To delete your SENDedu account, you can either contact the SENDedu support team or navigate to the Delete My Account section of your Account Preferences.
- How do I upload a document to SENDedu?
To upload a document to SENDedu, select the student's application file and click on the appropriate Upload button. This will prompt a window to open, allowing you to select the document from your files. You will be given the option to preview the document before confirming your submission.
- I have uploaded a document for my student's application file. Is there anything else that I need to do to send it to the institution?
No. Once you have uploaded and confirmed the successful submission of the document, there are no additional steps that you need to take.
- What are interim and final transcripts?
An interim transcript is an updated transcript that includes the student's first-semester grades from his senior year. This can also be known as a Midyear Report.
A final transcript is provided at the end of the year and includes all of the student's senior-year grades.
- What is a Secondary School Report?
A Secondary School Report includes information about the student, information about your high school and a recommendation section that must be completed. A Secondary School Report is not the same as a school profile.
- Which Secondary School Report should I use?
In most cases, you should provide your preferred form or one that you have already completed. If you don't already have one, use the SENDedu Secondary School Report.
With a SENDedu account, you will be able to complete the prefilled Web SENDedu Secondary School Report. Information about both you and the applicant will be prefilled, and we will keep the recommendation on file for possible use by another school to which the student applies.
- What is the difference between the PDF SENDedu Secondary School Report and the Web SENDedu Secondary School Report?
Both the Web version and PDF version of the SENDedu Secondary School Report will prefill with the student's information, as well as the counselor and high school information found in your Account Preferences.
The PDF version will be completed and saved to your computer. Once the PDF is completed, you can upload the document to your SENDedu account.
The Web version is completed and saved online within your SENDedu account. Once completed, the document can be sent by clicking on the Send button.
- Will the Web form prefill from a previous form that I submitted for the same student for a different partnering institution?
Yes, SENDedu will store the reports that you complete and give you the opportunity to expand on past forms that have been created for the same student.
- Where can I find a blank SENDedu Secondary School Report?
The SENDedu Secondary School Report can be found at sendedu.org/ssr.
- What is a school profile?
A school profile is a document that contains information about a high school, such as the number of students, academic course offerings, awards presented to the school, notable graduates and a summary of school performance. A school profile will not provide specific information about any one student; rather, it offers an overall view of the high school.
- How do I send the school profile that is associated with my account?
To send the school profile that is associated with your SENDedu account, click on the Send School Profile button on the student's application file page.
- My school's profile is out-of-date. How can I upload the new one?
To upload your school's updated profile, click on the My Account Preferences link in the top right corner of your screen and go to the School Information & Profile section.
- How many additional documents can I send to support a student's application?
Up to ten additional documents can be uploaded for a student's application.
- What are some common additional documents that users upload for their students?
Some of the common documents that users upload to SENDedu include test scores, grades, class schedules, letters of recommendation and resumes.
- I uploaded a document in the Additional Documents section, but the section is not turning green. Is that OK?
Yes, a document section will turn another color only if it is a required document. Optional document sections do not change color when a document is uploaded.
- I uploaded the wrong document. How can I remove it?
If you realize that you've uploaded the wrong form, you can remove the file up until midnight Eastern Time on the day it was uploaded. After that time, please contact the school with this information and upload the correct document in the Additional Documents section.
- If I have already submitted documents for a student's application but did not use SENDedu, do I need to submit the documents through SENDedu as well?
No. If you have already submitted completion documents for a student's application, they do not need to be resent.
- Am I able to mark inside of SENDedu if a document was sent another way?
It is possible to indicate, within a student's application, that a document was sent through another means by clicking the link in the Other Options section for each document that it applies to.
- What does a status of Active mean?
A student's application file is considered Active in SENDedu when there are outstanding required documents to upload.
- What does a status of Finished mean?
A student's application file is considered Finished when all required documents have been uploaded.
- How can I see a list of all my Active student application files?
Type the word Active into the Search box on your Manage My Requests page to filter your student records to show only Active application files.
- How can I see a list of all my Finished student application files?
Type the word Finished into the Search box on your Manage My Requests page to filter your student records to show only Finished application files.
- What does Not Submitted mean in the App Submission Date column on the Manage My Requests page?
This column is a reference to the student's application. If it is showing Not Submitted instead of a date, the student has not yet submitted the application.
- Am I able to upload documents for a student whose application has not yet been submitted?
Yes, you are able to submit documents to SENDedu regardless of whether the student has submitted the application.
- Why do some of my students' application files not have decision types?
Not all of SENDedu's partnering institutions have decision types for their applications. Some colleges and universities offer admission on a rolling basis; those schools will have a "—" in the decision type column.